Culture and attractions
Jämijärvi has a vibrant cultural life for the size of the municipality, which is maintained by active local associations in cooperation with the municipality. The Pääsky School Center hosts several cultural events.
Jämijärvi has a special place in Finnish aviation history. Jämi has been a busy aviation center since the 1930s, when airports were cleared into the forested terrain. The municipality's emblem, a swallow, speaks of the significance of aviation in Jämijärvi. You can learn about Jämi's aviation history at the Jämi Aviation Heritage Room.
The vibrant local culture is also represented by the tradition of fiddlers. Jämijärvi's most famous fiddler was the accordion player and composer Lasse Pihlajamaa, who erected the Memorial to Mother monument on the site of his former home in Palokoski. The opening ceremony of the Sata-Häme Soi accordion music festival is played annually at the monument.
The Jämijärvi Church and the Old Parsonage form a culturally and historically valuable entity. The Heroes' Cemetery contains the "Looking into the Future" monument, made by Kalervo Kallio, son of President Kyösti Kallio, and one of the most moving and beautiful hero statues in Finland. The valuable church milieu also includes the barns that serve as a local history museum.
Attractions
Address: Kirkkotie 9
Jämijärvi Church was built in 1859–60. The church was designed by architect Georg Theodor von Chiewitz. The small yellow wooden church is neo-Gothic in style and is a cruciform church with a tower. The bell tower was completed before the church in October 1856. The altarpiece was painted by Felix Frang in 1897. The organ dates from 1929.

Next to the church is the Old Parsonage, which was completed in 1856 as the priest's family residence. The main building of the parsonage was designed by master builder Selin. The building's Swiss-style exterior cladding dates from 1863. The original parsonage was later expanded at both ends of the house. The original parsonage outbuildings, such as the stable, barn and barn, have not survived to this day.

The Jämijärvi Chapel Parish, which is part of the Kankaanpää Parish, is responsible for the church's operations and properties.
Address: Kirkkopolku 10
The Jämijärvi Homeland Museum is part of a church environment of cultural and historical value. Another of the barns used by the museum is the parish's old log loan warehouse, built in 1856 in the neoclassical style.
The local history museum tells the story of life in Jämijärvi since the 1500th century. The museum displays, among other things, household items, traveling school materials, old tools and furniture. There are also many photographs of Jämijärvi on the walls. A room that imitates the late 1800th century has been built in the old barn premises downstairs, with typical furniture and household items, as well as an exhibition about the history of the traveling school and the associations that operated in Jämijärvi.
A special feature of the museum is the tools placed upstairs that were used to make wooden drainage pipes. Jämijärvi was a pioneer in the development of water pipes. Wooden water pipes began to be made in Jämijärvi as early as the 1890s.
The local history museum is owned by the municipality of Jämijärvi, but its operations are managed by the Jämijärvi Society. Information about visiting the museum can be found at the municipality or the Jämijärvi Society. The museum's summer opening hours can be found on the Society's website and social media channels.

Address: Jämintie 650
The Jämi Aviation Heritage Room presents the eventful history of the airfield since the 1930s. The first course at the Jämi Gliding School was organized in the summer of 1935. The exhibition space is dominated by a Harakka II glider built according to a 1940s model.
The Heritage Room will be open in summer 2026 during Loimu Gallery's opening hours from June 13.6th to August 30.8th, Wednesday to Sunday, 12 noon–18 pm.
A guided tour of the traditional room can be booked through the room reservation service at Asio.

Address: Jämijärventie 637
Music Councilor Lasse Pihlajamaa (1916–2007) designed and built a monument to his mother at the site of her birthplace in Palokoski, Jämijärvi, which was completed in 1975.
According to Pihlajamaa, the monument is dedicated to all mothers, heroes who have raised their families in difficult circumstances. The monument is placed as if inside a torn-down building. The work contains the notes and lyrics of the song "Memory for Mother." The monument reflects the harsh conditions in which Pihlajamaa's family lived in the 1920s.

Looking to the future
Address: Kirkkotie 14
The monument to the fallen heroes, “Looking into the Future,” located in the Jämijärvi cemetery, was created by Kalervo Kallio, son of President Kyösti Kallio. The work is also known as “Faith in the Future.” It is one of the most eloquent and beautiful hero statues in Finland.
In 1940, just after the Winter War was over, the church council elected a committee for the statue of heroes. The committee met only once before the war broke out again. The statue of heroes, carved in red granite, was not unveiled until June 12, 1955, in connection with the parish's 100th anniversary.

Memorial stone for those who remained in Karelia
Address: Kirkkotie 14
There is a memorial stone at the Jämijärvi cemetery to those who remained in Karelia.

Memorial stone for those buried elsewhere
Address: Kirkkotie 14
There is a memorial stone at Jämijärvi Cemetery for those buried elsewhere.

Memorial stone to those who went to the Winter and Continuation Wars
Address: Jämijärventie 22
The memorial stone located in the grassy area of the Jämijärvi bank property is a tribute and a sign of gratitude to war veterans.

Home Front Memorial
Address: Kirkkopolku
The memorial stone, located in the park area between the municipal office and the youth center at the beginning of Kirkkopolu, is a tribute and a sign of gratitude to the home front during the wars.

Jämi plane crash memorial
Coordinates: 61.775189, 22.686177
The Tampere Paragliding Club has erected a memorial at the site of the plane crash in memory of those who died in the 2014 parachuting accident. The memorial stone has the names of those who died in the accident.

Viktor Andro Monument
The monument to parachutist Viktor Andro (Androsow, March 3, 1926–October 12, 1949) is located in Jämti, near the southern end of the upper runway at the scene of the accident.
Andro was a skydiver for the flying circus Pilvien Huimapääten, who died while testing a bat costume he had developed and made. The bat jump was supposed to become a new program item for air shows.
The finest natural attractions of Lake Jämijärvi are located in Hämeenkangas. The sites are maintained by Metsähallitus. There is no winter maintenance at the sites. Lake Jämijärvi is part of the Lauhanvuori-Hämeenkangas UNESCO Global Geopark.
Uhrilähde and Kylmänmyllynähde
Address: Uhrilähteentie 47
The Jämi springs are among the finest in Finland. The springs remain open all year round.
The sacrificial spring has been considered sacred, and in the past, offerings such as food and valuables were also made to it. The Kylmänmyllyn spring is the most natural of the springs in Hämeenkangas. The water bubbling at its bottom forms numerous constantly rotating sand statues.

Soinin Ridge
Address: Jämintie 655
Soininharju is the highest point in Satakunta. The highest point is located 185,4 m above sea level and 85 m above the surface of Lake Jämijärvi. The observation tower at the top of Soininharju offers extensive views of the surrounding areas of Jämijärvi. The Soininharju observation tower is maintained by the municipality of Jämijärvi.

Koivistonvati
Address: Mielahdentie 240, up the slope
Koivistonvati is the deepest and most spectacular sinkhole in Hämeenkangas. In Jämijärvi, sinkholes are called vadei. As a result of the melting of the iceberg, a huge sinkhole has been left in the kangas terrain, the bottom of which extends almost to the groundwater. Koivistonvati has a large number of different resting place structures.

The Prison Oasis
Address: Kyrönkankaantie 1174
Vaarinnevankeidas is a small raised bog or oasis bog on the southern edge of Hämeenkangas. The mounds of the kangas forest located to the north of the bog are ancient dunes. Vaarinnevankeidas has a unique art nature trail.

Shortcuts
Contact information
Mika Grönman
wellness coordinator

